Five communities in South Texas have become leading hot spots in the United States. Fewer new jobless claims and a rising deficit could further hamper stimulus talks.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Even as the picture improves in California, the state becomes the first to report 600,000 virus cases.
- Five communities in South Texas have escalating rates of new cases.
- The $400 unemployment supplement is really $300, and won’t arrive soon.
- Fauci expresses frustration with some Americans’ refusal to follow guidelines.
- Trump’s testing czar expresses satisfaction with testing levels.
- Distrust of the president hardened the conviction of some educators that teaching in person was unsafe.
- Championships for Division I fall college sports (except football) are canceled.